Today, Operation HOPE, Inc. marks its 28th anniversary. Founded on May 5, 1992, by John Hope Bryant in the aftermath of the destruction of the Los Angeles Riots, the nonprofit for-purpose organization works to empower low and moderate-income youth and adults with the financial knowledge and tools to help transform their lives and create a secure future.
“We are pleased to celebrate 28 years of HOPE,” Operation HOPE Founder, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer, John Hope Bryant said. “I am grateful to every partner, every employee, every believer, every client, and every community stakeholder that has contributed to the impact of the work of HOPE across the nation.”
With a nationwide network of 153 HOPE Inside locations servicing individuals from 46 states, Washington D.C and Puerto Rico, the impact of the work of Operation HOPE to date, includes the following results:
- Delivered 4.5 million financial empowerment services to youth, adults, families and small businesses (2.1 million adult services; 1.1 million youth services; 1.3 disaster-recovery services)
- Helped clients start 1,952 small businesses
- Helped clients obtain $1.95 billion in mortgage lending
- Helped clients increase FICO Scores, decrease debt, increase savings and improve their financial health
- 72% of HOPE clients improved their FICO Scores after six months
Following 9/11, Operation HOPE worked with the federal government to draft the first-ever financial disaster response and recovery policy. Now through HOPE Inside Disaster, its disaster preparedness and response division, HOPE has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic with financial recovery coaching and support services for impacted individuals and small businesses.
The recent early release of the HOPE In Hand mobile app has digitized HOPE’s financial education and coaching services and made it even easier to connect with HOPE financial wellbeing coaches and access services during this unprecedented time. HOPE In Hand is available for download on both Apple and Google Play Store.
Supporters who wish to celebrate Operation HOPE’s 28 years of financial dignity empowerment are encouraged to give in support of HOPE Inside Disaster’s COVID-19 response at https://operationhope.org/donate/
Learn more about the mission of Operation HOPE here.